When Valley View Home was first built in 1969, it was a 60 bed nursing home. The Les Hanson family donated a beautiful site for the Home in the northwest part of Glasgow. It is located on a hill overlooking the valley and a large portion of the town. In 1974, 32 more beds were added to meet the demand for our services. In 1992, we expanded the dining room, activity area, and administration offices. Two years later, we expanded our nursing home services to include an Adult Day Care program. In 1997, we developed Sunshine Square, our dementia/special care unit for people who are facing memory loss and care that can be better met in this type of setting. In 2001, in partnership with FMDH, Prairie Ridge Village opened, providing independent and assisted living services for seniors. Today, we are a licensed 96 bed skilled nursing home facility. All of our services focus on maintaining the wellness, safety, and greatest level of care to each resident while respecting their privacy, dignity, and wishes. Valley View Home continues to assess the health care needs of the community in providing the services to the senior population of our area.
The staff of Valley View Home is friendly and very helpful. It is our pleasure to assist the residents with the daily cares and to make them feel like this is “their home”. We have many activities planned throughout the day ranging from exercise, cards, bingo, crafts, church services, coffee hour, and much more. Valley View Home has rooms available for family gatherings or a front lobby area for just a visit. Refreshments are also available.
Board of Directors
- Brian Fuhrman, President
- Lisa Wiltfong, Treasurer
- Robert Kompel
- Mike McColly
- Pat Hallett
Community Health Partners / Related Links
- Frances Mahon Deaconess Hospital (www.fmdh.org)
- Prairie Ridge Village (www.prairieridgevillage.com)
- Local Ombudsman – Carmen King (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- DPHHS – Senior & Long Term Care Division (www.dphhs.mt.gov)
- Glasgow Chamber (www.glasgowchamber.net)
- KLTZ/KLAN Radio (www.kltz.com)
- Fort Peck Dam (www.fortpeckdam.com)
- Special thanks and credit to https://loveyourbigmuddy.com/ for the beautiful Fort Peck Lake cover photo.